So, its been a little while, but whatever. I have rediscovered how much I love food. It's always a battle between food and booze, but food has come forth.
UM. Okay.
Sometimes I forget this, but I had this epiphany that I have no money, and I should not only eat out less, but I shouldn't spend so much on convenience food (ie tv dinners) that I can make myself.
So, I made some seitan, which is what that delicious oily vegetarian duck is at thai places. Though mine is an unseasoned version of it and hopefully with some sesame oil and soy sauce and citrusy-ness, it will be edible. Shooting high here.
I also made Veggie Loaf, which will hopefully a) be edible and b) maybe taste like the Amy's version. It looks like it, at least. I need gravy though. Eh. But, that box is $5 on a good day and my recipe supposedly makes 10 servings for way less than $50. WIN. And, it wasn't that hard to make.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment