It did that, a lot.
I've been able to catch up on very satisfying cleaning (yes, my life has hit a low...). I also saw one of my friends for the last time in a long time, if not ever. It went okay. I am definitely much better at letting go than I once was.
I watched Uncertainty the other night. It was this incredibly done movie that centered around a young couple. They flipped a coin whether to spend the day (as well as night and the next morning) in Brooklyn or in Manhattan and the film alternated between the two locations. Brooklyn was spend at a BBQ with her family, Manhattan was an action-filled thing where they found a phone and two Asian gangstas were fighting for the phone and lots of money and guns were involved.
But, more central to the theme was that she was 11-weeks pregnant and couldn't make the decision whether to keep the child or not. The Uncertainty is more about that. It's a theme that seems to be common in film these days, but this was so tactfully done. I mean, it's one thing to have it be a keep it vs. adoption argument... but a keep it vs. abort it argument seems like it would be far more realistic. I don't think it would be more difficult of a decision to make, but I think it's a very different more dichotomous decision.
I also love it when filmmakers use new strategies. This one was unscripted. The backbone and overall theme was obviously very well thought out and planned, but the actual lines were up to the actors. Which made it less "oh what a good line"-y, but made it far more realistic and underwhelming, in a great way.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1086216/
No comments:
Post a Comment