I spent a bit of time in North Carolina last week over break. I helped a very dear college friend move down there (oh my goodness she has a ton of things :P) & during the stay met a bunch of amazing people and hung out with hers and her roommate's families a bit. The best was new years with a bunch of strangers, more or less. Zero expectations and thus zero disappointment. They were all wayyy southern and certainly know how to drink and be super friendly. And have lots of incredibly unhealthy food around thus ensuring that I felt totally fine the next day. Brilliant!
I miss them! It's surreal and kind of awesome that said-college-friend is living in an alternate universe with a whole set of new friends. In the end we are all similar, but culturally it is certainly a change.
I finalllllly got netflix, however not much has been viewed on it in light of an exam on friday. GROSS. I have season 1, disc 1 of In Treatment waiting for me though. And I saw Welcome to the Dollhouse, which I HIGHLY recommend.
On mondays I go to this yoga class taught by this incredible guy named Jeff. I've probably been about 8 times now, give or take. He knows his shit and is so completely hardworking and dedicated. I guess I just notice weird things, but the class has the perfect combination of easy and hard, balance, strength, and flexibility. The music is always on par to the what we are doing. Granted he teaches a ton of yoga classes each week in various places so he only has to do the prep work once a week, but still.
So today he talked about how the purpose of going to the gym and being healthy is to make something good of it. It sounds really obvious, but I just thought of how often I go with the thought of punishment and not with the thought of how it will make my body feel better. It's kind of sad, really.
Latest awesome download is The Bouncing Souls. 90s punk rock!
No comments:
Post a Comment