Friday, May 28, 2010

mmm vacation, cont.

YES. 
I saw Breaking Upwards yesterday and it was utterly brilliant. I possibly say that about everything I watch, but this was EXTRA utterly brilliant. MEGA. So good. It was hilarious, and not in the typical "wow I have a really sick sense of humor because no one else seems to be laughing when things are going horribly".  (But you gotta be able to laugh when everything is awful! maybe?). 


Anyways, this couple decided to test the idea of breaking up by having "on days" where they were together, and "off days", when they were not. It was actually loosely based off the actors/writers real life experiment with using on and off days. But, loosely from what I gather. The character development and acting was phenomenal, with every little moment of time in this film being put to good use. The lady's mother was a hottie single NY pot-smoking hilarity, the fella's mom was an anxiety crazylady (and hilarious). It was more comedy then drama, which is exactly how I like it. My favorite line was "how did you know that?" "because I'm educated.....". Hehe, yes. 
There were a few things I would have edited out though, but perhaps that is me just being a control-freak. 

UM. I also bought a lot of things at Urban Outfitters & Anthro the past few days. Yikes. But they are cute things so its okay! Including a..... dun dun dun.... bathing suit. This happens very rarely. I have a photo of me in it actually, but we won't be doing that on the internet. I also got THREE DRESSES. Fuck. Um. And four pairs of earrings. That I won't lose this time...?

No comments:

Post a Comment