Thursday, February 11, 2010

We had a snow day yesterday and a delayed opening today!
It's pretty great because I am 100% used to snow like that after four years of rochester and really didn't feel all that "unsafe" about coming in despite driving an OLD OLD vehicle with not the greatest traction/brakes, but hey, if everyone else is freaking out, then sure I'll go to the beer garden & neighborhood bar in anticipation, sleep in, read a bit about Russia (more to come....), watch In Treatment, go to the gym (ran 2 miles), go for an hour-long walk with my roommate (and chatted up our art teacher for a bit... lovehim), and watch Fish Tank.
I should have done a bit more work, but, well.... yeah.

The art class got cancelled, but last weeks painting is in my hands and I love it. I may take a picture of it to upload, but I kind of feel like a tool doing that.

In Treatment is getting a bit too much of the same, so I'm going to take a break from it for a week or so and watch Sex, Lies and Videotape this weekend.

Fishtank was pretty good, but I fell asleep during the last twenty minutes (fairly common theme for me) so I don't want to comment too much. I loved what I saw though, but not in a "BEST MOVIE EVER" type of way that I saw in some reviews I read. It's essentially a british 15-year old girl with a deucheeeeeeeeey mom (to put it lightly), and then her mom starts dating this wickedgoodlooking british guy. Then the guy goes after the daughter and then much drama unfolds. What I loved about it though, is that while they played the "lonely angsty teenager who doesn't think anyone cares", it was never overdone. All in all, I enjoyed it. But then again, I tend to find the good in any movie I see.

I realized that I have never said a movie was bad on this site, nor can I remember the last time that I HATED a movie that I picked to see (transformers and batman was a different story). So I guess I'm pretty selective about things and perhaps I do miss some good movies because I don't think I would like them. Hmm.

Oh well, 1.5 more days and then the weekend. Possibly a three day one! The hospital that I am at celebrates Presidents Day like a normal place of employment. But, my school doesn't, and I am technically held under my school's policies, and I will be in the ER anyways so there isn't the "but no one will come in" card. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment