Speaking of money spendage, I went to Muji this morning, which is this Japanese store that has everything. It's main focus is on compact organization and thus I bought notebooks (ruled, unruled), a sketchpad, a tape dispenser, three mini-notebooks for my whitecoat, an eraser, and something else. They are so slick and small yet hold a LOT of writing.
I then proceeded to have some Butternut Squash and Apple soup with multigrain bread (mmm) and then watched Garbage Dreams, a documentary about Cairo's trash collectors. There is a town of 60,000 where everyone there specializes in trash collecting and recycling. They recycle 80% of their trash! Until the foreign trash collectors moved in and took over, so much of the movie was on how the Zaballeen (the older trash collectors) try to adjust to all that. It was totally mind blowing and eye opening. Who knew?
Then I went to Banana, Gap, Jcrew (all epic fails), and finally H&M to get my friends some clothes. I probably get too excited about buying mens clothing, but it is sooooo much easier. I got one of them a blue cashmere sweater (half off) and a black scarf and the other one of those hipstery checkered scarves. I loveeeeeee them but I don't know if he himself can actually pull it off....
And yoga was awesome, as usual. I am a little bit better at lowering myself from Chaturanga pose, which is a vast improvement. It's sort of like doing a push up.

I am about to watch In Bruges and drink red wine. I've seen that movie about a million times and it never gets old. British dark comedy with beautiful cinematography and a plot. Three things I enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment