Monday, January 11, 2010

STAYCATION.
Actually, I wish I had gotten my act together and gone somewhere, but alas.

Yesterday I saw Sita Sings the Blues and Antichrist. I actually wasn't huge into either, but Sita was so well done and Antichrist was... different.

Sita Sings the Blues was a musical animated interpretation of the Indian story the Ramayana. Basically there are two gods that are reincarnated as human beings and they have relationship issues and its juxtaposed with modern-day relationship issues. And its told from the female perspective, in a kind of feministy way, but I hate it when that word is used to describe realistic portrayal. So, yeah. And a lot of the music in it is Annette Hanshaw, a 1920s jazz musician. So, woah. Beautifully done, especially since Nina Paley did essentially all of it (voice, animation, writing, directing, editing). I can't even imagine the hours put into it.

Antichrist on the other hand was this fucked up sadistic gross, yet kind of great, story that probably had some biblical symbolism to it, but my religion-majored friend said no not really, so, I guess not. It wasn't enough of a plot or enough sheer grotesque in it to be really compelling, so, yeah. But it was fun to watch it with people in a living room for free, and pause and rewind certain parts.

Gym: Yesterday I also ran two miles (first run in three weeks, so was just gonna take what I can). Today will be yoga day with Jeff Scios (http://www.jeffscios.com/), this amazing amazing yoga instructor. It's one of the highlights of my week, by far.
The weekly plan for now is:
Run x 2
Yoga x 1
Rowing machine/spinning x1
Elliptical x1
Usually I am a solid 3 day a week kind of gal so let's see if we can bump it up to five....

Reading: Found lolita, read 30 pages. I can't read much more than that at a time so this will probably go very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment